Re: Merry Christmas

Subject: Re: Merry Christmas
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 10:23:01 -0500
From: Wild Sanctuary <>

> We had a couple of lambs rent-grazing on our ten acres, Walt. One was
> called Meryl Sheep. The other, Lamb Chompsky. Both ended up like yrs
> and Martyn's.
>
> Hope everyone in the group enjoyed the holiday and are set for the
> weekend and a glorious biophonic coming year.

I have kind of a tradition of recording spring peepers to bring in the
new year. It depends on the weather that night as to doing that on Jan
1. But, many years that's possible. At minimum I get out and greet my
old friends on the first warmer night.

Saw a Merlin yesterday. Came in and stopped briefly on a overhead limb,
then went on. Not a common sighting down here. He made no sound except
the sound of his wings.

The local lake my wife uses for rowing is full of winter visitors. Rafts
of seabirds mostly.