Re: Vaux's swifts

Subject: Re: Vaux's swifts
From: "John Hartog" <>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 01:41:48 -0000
Nice photos Martyn.
I heard from someone that at Chapman this past weekend there
were only 15 swifts - but 400 spectators.   I mentioned I would
post a snippet of my recording of Sept 16 at the N Portland site -
the original sounds like you're being run over by a bus the whole
time, so I messed with it a bit to remove some noise:
<http://www.hevanet.com/rockscallop/040916_VSwift.mp3>

John Hartog

--- In  "Martyn Stewart"
<> wrote:
> The wife and I went to Monroe, Washington State tonight and
met two other
> birders. There was in excess of some 5000 Vaux's Swifts
entering a chimney
> at a school on Main Street from about 6.45 to 7.39. Most birds
entered
> between 6:50pm and 7:30pm. An absolutely fantastic
experience. I had been
> planning to go to Chapman school in Portland to see the swifts
down there
> but this super exceeds that. This is a must for all to see. ( A
LONG WAY FOR
> MOST :-()
>
> I took some pictures tonight and will post some sound
recordings later this
> week when I intend to record them.
>

> http://www.naturesound.org/Vaux%20Swift%20roost.htm
>

> Regards
>

> Martyn
>
> Martyn Stewart
> Bird and Animal Sounds Digitally Recorded at:
>  <http://www.naturesound.org/> http://www.naturesound.org
> N47.65543   W121.98428
> Redmond. Washington. USA
> Make every Garden a wildlife Habitat!
>
> 425-898-0462
>
>   _____

St. in Monroe, WA.
> I thought it was just a fluke at first, but I have seen it at least
5
times