Re: Sony Mic - problem?
Dan Dugan <>
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 10:20:24 -0700
>I just bought a Sony ECM-MS957 microphone, and looking at it tonight
>in the dark, I noticed that the red led (power indicator) seems to
>be on (very dim) all the time, even when the mic is switched to the
>"off" position. I tried another battery but nothing changed (it is
>still slightly bright all the time).
>When I turn it on, the led becomes bright for a while and then turns
>dim (according to the user's manual, it should blink bright and then
>go off, unless the battery is worn). When I switch it off, the light
>disappears completely for a short while (fraction of a second) but
>then becomes dim again.
Very interesting observation, Daniel. I immediately got out Sharon's
957 and took it into a dark storeroom. It behaves exactly as you
describe, so there's nothing wrong with yours.
I imagine the current drain is miniscule for such a dim light, but
it's always a good idea to take the battery out when storing a mic.
Run-down alkalines can leak.
The University of NSW School of Computer and Engineering
takes no responsibility for the contents of this archive. It is purely
a compilation of material sent by many people to the naturerecordists mailing list. It has not been checked for accuracy nor its content verified in any way.
If you wish to get material removed from the archive or
have other queries about the archive e-mail
Andrew Taylor at this address: