Re: Sony Mic - problem?

Subject: Re: Sony Mic - problem?
From: "Evert Veldhuis" <>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 05:16:02 -0000
Hi Daniel,

I think there is probably a good reason why Sony designed this
circuitry. I could only guess that it has to do with keeping things
in charge. But the current load is very very tiny.
Mine measured 3,7 uA (microAmp=E8re) in the off posistion, 0,314 mA
which equals to 314 uA in 90 degrees position and also in 120
degrees position.
I have measured this by putting some small plastic between the plus
of the battery and its battery connector (mounted in the micholder),
then I used a digital amperemeter. Tests were done twice, twice the
same result.
3,7 uA is something that will not drain your battery, it is
perfectly safe.

Regards, Evert

--- In  "Daniel De Granville"