Mystery Call - Georgia

Subject: Mystery Call - Georgia
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 17:50:48 -0400
Last evening out on foray I recorded this call:
http://naturerecordist.home.mindspring.com/2004D008-03c.mp3

Ignore the treefrogs and insects, it's a raw clip, they could be
filtered out. The one of interest calls near the beginning and end,
that's the timing between calls which continued for some time, off and
on. On sonogram the call is between 950 & 1000 Hz.

Recorded at last light across a small cypress swamp in the bottom lands
of the Savannah River, approximately half way between Augusta and
Savannah. The same wildlife preserve as I found Brimley's Chorus Frogs.
There were at least three callers in different directions. Sound like at
ground level. No chance of getting closer without a boat, though I think
they were on land across the swamp. I got the impression that one of
them moved a ways at one point. Recorded with the Telinga.