EM-23 modification

Subject: EM-23 modification
From: Jeff Klatt <>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 10:50:46 -0700 (PDT)
I haven't gotten a response from Telinga about this,
but perhaps someone here can answer this question.
I'm on the verge of purchasing a couple Telinga
EM-23's for nature recording with a Hi-MD recorder.
At some point I may convert these to XLR.  Since they
are orignially P-I-P, do they need to be powered after
the conversion from mini-plug to XLR (phantom or
otherwise)?

Beyond that, any comments on these mics?  I like them
for their small size and low noise.  Are others using
these?

Thanks,
Jeff