Re: Pitch shifting

Subject: Re: Pitch shifting
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 23:37:07 -0000
--- In  Lang Elliott <>
wrote:
> Might work, especially for sounds originating from the sides.

Well it works but I don't blame anyone who does not believe it based
on this test.

But if you have a playback system with a good bass but not a single
subbass speaker.

And if you can get over the noise of the binaural used in this quiet
environment.

And if you believe that I balanced things right in edit.

And can tolerate that I did not quickly find sounds that contain
highs and lows together in the same voice.

And I understand that you want to hear multiple bass sources at the
same time.

Then:
first half is straight binaural. second half the <150 cycles were
replaced with an omni pair at a 100 foot separation on each side.

a horse choking 2.5 meg download
http://home.comcast.net/~richpeet/widebasstest.mp3

My conclusion is that it needs some more looking into but it does
work to widen the stereo image.  To me the second half does sound
less "flat".

Rich