Re: Re: Sound Devices 722 and 744T record at 24/192

Subject: Re: Re: Sound Devices 722 and 744T record at 24/192
From: Geoff Sample <>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 18:07:26 +0100
On the sonicsense website interview re the sound devices 7 series there's
the following dialogue:

> Let's push it further, how about compared to the high-end portable pre-am=
ps in
> common use?
> While this is a subjective matter, what is the parting word for now until=
 we
> can listen?
>
> You can favorably compare its preamps to [the most popular field pre-amp =
in
> use], plus we exceed their specifications for distortion performance and
> E.I.N.

Anyone care to hazard a guess - or maybe know - what 'the most popular fiel=
pre-amp in use' might be? I use the MP2. Some recordists I know working in
film/tv use SQN mixers. I've heard good reports of the Lunatec units. What
other popular quality pre-amps are there out there?

Regards, Geoff.

Geoff Sample

Wildsong Studios
Northumberland, UK
http://www.wildsong.co.uk

This month's feature on common frogs:
http://www.wildsong.co.uk/monthly_feature.html

'That land is a community is the basic concept of ecology, but that land is
to be loved and respected is an extension of ethics .... We abuse land
because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a
community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.=
'
Aldo Leopold