Re: intro

Subject: Re: intro
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 00:41:15 -0000
Welcome Mike hope you find some things of interest here.
Look in the archives under "Campout" if you want a chance to play
with low frequency sound gathering. Our site will be quiet but not as
quiet as the BWCA in MN.  That is one of the best in the country and
very good for silent backdrops at night much of the year. Our WI site
will have night frogs and birds.

I have a few of the MKH-110-1's and I can now record down to 5 cycles
with less than .5 db loss of gain. I am sure it will perform fine
down to one cycle. 24 bit, 4 mic channels, each spaced wide and
summed to one infrasound channel, just to increase the gain more.
The individual channels are also used for surround sound mixing of
ambience.

Rich

--- In  Walter Knapp <>