Re: intro

Subject: Re: intro
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 12:35:19 -0500
From: Mike Feldman <>

> Then Rich suggested I join this list.

If you are into recording and then mixing compositions then you might
want to look into the phonography group as well. They don't limit their
recordings to natural subjects but include most anything they find while
out and about.

> So anyone here into 10 Hz and below?

I've got the mics, my SASS/MKH-110. The MKH-110's go down to 1Hz (there
is even a model MKH-110-1 that goes down to 0.1Hz). My Portadisc won't
record that low officially, it's rated down to 10Hz, which is enough for
a lot of infrasound. I am looking to make recordings of frogs in
thunderstorms, Alligator bellows, that sort of thing.

Unfortunately with such low frequency sensitivity comes picking up lots
of man made infrasound. So, it's hard to find a good site.

>From   Tue Mar  8 18:26:53 2005
Message: 11