Re: "The box" first prototype

Subject: Re: "The box" first prototype
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 05:19:41 -0000
Thanks.  Yes, it runs all closed up without a problem.  I need a
scale that handles this weight better but it is about 12 lbs total.=20=20
The bottom plastic was a bad choice I made for weight reduction and I
hope to replace it soon with a lid like the top.  The front face
plate is thick aluminum and is the heat conductor for the sound
electronics and it does work well. The laptop still needs a fan in
the back and that needs to be replaced with proper designed aluminum
sheet. Right now I have 3 1" holes in the back as well as a metal
plate for power. The wood sections are strong enough to take the 4
foot drop. It is the front electronics, bottom and middle plastic
sheets that are not to my specs.  I also have not found right angle
USB adapters or right angle 9 pin serial connectors.  These, I am
building myself before I will ever find them.

I also sure could use a VST plugin that functions as a pre-record
buffer.

Rich

> If it runs with both lids closed that's terrific. Very compact. I
> wonder if there's a high density foam with enough integrity to
build
> a box right out it or a mold?  The waterproof coated, cheese head
> stuff? The contents (sans batteries maybe) seem light enough to not
> place too much stress on such a "container." Once padded, the whole
> thing could be strapped to a backpack frame.  Thanks for sharing.
Rob