"The box" first prototype

Subject: "The box" first prototype
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 00:51:05 -0000
This is not recommended for most.  I am filling a need of
record/edit/playback of surround off site within one box.

First Prototype is now functional. I Probably will scrap it in the
next few months and expanded upon it in the second proto. I learned a
lot that I wish to incorporate in a different version. First proto
did not make it to water resistant. Nor does it pass a four foot drop
test. Next version will.
http://home.comcast.net/~richpeet/proto.jpg

Configured on the front four combo connectors.
4 channels mic input through the Quadmic pre using XLR's.
6 channels unbalanced line-level output through the 1/4"
2 channels unbalanced line-level input through the 1/4"
Reconfigurable and expandable as needed.
Uncomprimised sound quality to 24/96
Digital i/o options as one would expect from light, coax, USB, Adat,
etc.
Any common audio format or compression supported.

80 watt battery or Wall power option.

RF 19 key wireless remote of record and play functions.

RF wireless mouse.

Operation with or without laptop screen.
Screen needed for full edit capabilities.

Choice of multiple software options including Logic, Audition and a
few others. Different software can be operated at the sametime as
well as playback and record at the same time. If you ask if it can be
done, likely this box can do it.

Rich