Re: New Sennheiser mic test

Subject: Re: New Sennheiser mic test
From: Wild Sanctuary <>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 13:09:48 -0800
If it ain't being used, Dan, and if I have permission to let it out
of my hands by the good Senn folks.

BK

--

Wild Sanctuary, Inc.
P. O. Box 536

>From   Tue Mar  8 18:26:46 2005
Message: 22
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:52:32 -0500
From: Walter Knapp <>
Subject: Are Anti-Piracy Laws Getting Out of Hand? (was TEST)

"Think your home is your castle? Maybe not, at least not if you live in
Europe. Last week, BBC News reported that the European Parliament has
passed an anti-piracy law, by a vote of 330 to 151, that would allow
companies holding copyright to raid homes, seize property and ask courts
to freeze bank accounts of those they believe have violated their
intellectual property rights."

"This goes even further than laws proposed in the U.S. Congress that
would allow copyright holders to hack into the computers of those they
suspect of violating their copyrights and delete the files. Many see
that as an invasion of privacy, but it's nothing compared to giving a
private company the right to enter your home without your permission."

Quote from WinXPnews that came in today on just how far out of line the
music and software industries are getting. This is becoming law folks,
BUSINESS CAN RAID YOUR HOME on a whim, at least in Europe. So can any
nature recordist who thinks you have some of their copyright material
illegally, they don't have to get permission they get to define who
get's hit.

When you claim your rights to copyright for your nature recording this
is the sort of thing you are claiming now. I don't think members of this
group will be smashing in our doors, and I doubt many could hack our
computers. But that's the image claiming copyright is building. Is there
anyone in this group claiming copyright should be done like this? Or is
everyone going to raid each other?

As I said, time for customers to bite back. I will not be bashing
anyone's door down. And I'm glad macs are harder to break into. I've
seriously thought about not listening to any recorded music for the rest
of my life if that's what it takes to be safe.

In case anyone thinks this is OT, from the beginning of the group
copyright issues have been raised. Like it or not we are being
"protected" by the music industry for our creative efforts at nature
recording. Leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. Where do I sign to force
this bunch to not represent me?