Re: Bewick's Wren vs E Towhee

Subject: Re: Bewick's Wren vs E Towhee
From: "M, J, & V Phinney" <>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 21:10:09 -0700
The similarity is even more impressive now that I've listened to the
samples. There is a definite 'quality' to the towhee that is distinctive,
but the overall pattern is remarkably similar. Like others have said, the
only Bewicks wrens that I've heard sounded much like song sparrows - very
interesting!

Mark Phinney