RE: Fostex v Marantz v HHB mini-review

Subject: RE: Fostex v Marantz v HHB mini-review
From: "Martyn Stewart" <>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 19:14:56 -0800
Aaron, I only use this combo when I know I am on top of the subject, this
was a great case for using the 2 mics, I was literally 12 to 15 ft away from
huge amounts of cranes. The mkh-20 is just the bee's knees and with the
condenser mkh-30 it seems to pull the sound in, it's a lovely sound but not
if your subjects are too far away......
I normally use a MKH-20/40 for that. Other times I have used two mkh-20's
and that is great also but I seem to get more!!&&**&^ I don't know the words
for it but I promise when I have sifted through all my Nebraska recordings,
I will post it up :)

Martyn

Martyn Stewart
http://www.naturesound.org