Re: Budgies

Subject: Re: Budgies
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 23:13:32 -0500
From: "Rich Peet" <>

> I hope by the end of the week to be recording again with the mkh-
> 110's but ran into trouble with a lot of equipment last week.  In
> fact I am still grounded until I can get a vehicle up again as I went
> through two of those last week.

Must be that time, solved my problem today, Ranger 4X4 this time, tired
of making my 2wd Ranger do 4X4 duty and it's been getting through the
boonies for nearly 200,000 miles. For those in England, I envy the
availability of a 2.5L diesel 4X4 Ranger there. I had to settle for a
3.0L gas one here with a manual transmission, and that took a bunch of
hunting. Ford has switched the 4X4's entirely to the larger 4.0L engine,
so could not wait and had to find a good used one. Amazingly it got
23.7mpg today driving it home from the dealer half way across the state.
Can't wait to get out recording with it in places I turned back because
the roads were too bad. Got to stuff it with recording and field
equipment first. This is the first time I've used the internet for car
hunting, and I can recommend it if what you are looking for is uncommon.
Though you do have the problem that what you find may be way far off.

A good vehicle may not seem like nature recording equipment, but it sure
is part of it. The number of miles of driving for minutes of recording
is pretty high for me with my coverage of a whole state. How's everyone
else doing?