Re: the nature of parabolic reflectors

Subject: Re: the nature of parabolic reflectors
From: Klas Strandberg <>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 22:00:18 +0100
I think it will be very difficult to make polar patterns:

Suppose you move the sound source in a wide circe - diameter 50 meters or
more, how do you do that, practically, and how to prevent that the
loudspeaker works in different acoustics all the time?

Suppose you move the parabol around. It will "see" drastically different
acoustics, for each degree, in fact. Nevertheless, with common sense one
with draw better conclusions from such a test than without it.

Klas.

Telinga Microphones, Botarbo,
S-748 96 Tobo, Sweden.
Phone & fax int + 295 310 01