Re: Equipment

Subject: Re: Equipment
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 21:29:54 -0000
Bird feeders at state parks are now being discouraged here.

But that does not mean that it in any way is similar to the issue of
electronic playback.

I am one of those tree hugger bambi followers and proud of it.

There is a differnce in playback for frogs compared to birds.  Song
differences may likely be the principal reason for many subspecies in
birds but not in frogs.  This makes at least getting the song right
more important and getting the playback not at all preferred.

That does not make it right for my local State to use playback to
capture every found Northern Cricket frog in the last pond in the
State for the purpose of cutting off toes for genetic testing.=20
Especially when the only reason for the testing is to try to prove
the frog is alien and really extinct from the state so no protection
of the land is warrented. It may make sense if there were more than a
couple dozen but this doesn't.

Rich

--- In  Walter Knapp <>