Re: Good Enough

Subject: Re: Good Enough
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 04:48:19 -0000
Surround can do some of that and some more different things too. Some
will argue that you still need vertical and still need more channels.

Geometry of mics in Natural surround is a topic all in itself.
It is not etched in stone yet and it is fun.=20

NSS has a Surround at their session at Yuba pass this spring.

And we have it in our Campout in WI May 22 and 23. If you want to
play and configure your own spacings and arrangements you can. We
will have two 8 channel 24/96 recorders. As of right now I think we
have a total of 10 channels worth of mic pre-amps.=20

We would love to have you visit and we will wave all fees if it is
the same as last year.  That was free.

Rich

 I can try to imagine I am there in the woods but my ears and
> brain know better.
>
> I haven't the experience of recording surround or multichannel but I
> hope and dream that it might help.  I would hope that I really could
> hear the bird fly up behind me and then off to my left and front.=20
Even