Re: new readers

Subject: Re: new readers
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 03:29:27 -0000

> I'm more noticing that, with the relative lack of posting by the
more
> experienced nature recordists the discussions are being carried on
more
> and more by folks new to nature recording. A large part of the new
> influx into the group is from other recording types. Left to their
own
> devices, discussions will gravitate toward what people are most
familiar
> with. That has resulted in the group sounding more and more like a
group
> of "indoor" recordists.

> Walt

So for an in context response I submit a recording taken the second
week of January 2004. A 340kb download.
http://home.comcast.net/~richpeet/1-7-04.mp3

I guess I welcome all and understand that there never will be
millions of natural sound recordists.  Locally, I see the biggest
response to my recording being a question "what for?".  Photographers
never get asked that question. Go figure.

Rich