RE: Intro and Questions

Subject: RE: Intro and Questions
From: "Martyn Stewart" <>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 09:29:49 -0800
I have mates in Bradford and Halifax, small world eh? I'm an ex pat living
here I the States since 1996 so it's great to hear how things are back home=
.

Starlings in the Midlands were incredible sights too, masses of birds
creating massive swirls, it saddens me to think that people can just decide
to eradicate a species with practically no thought and yet we as a species
make much more mess than any animal on this planet!

I have some wonderful recordings of Starlings from Scotland & England and
now here in Washington. Farmers here now are saying they are a pest yet the=
are the best insect repellent you could ever wish to have on your lawns!

The mimicry of starlings is incredible, fooling most other birds and
especially around the feeders I have in the garden, one Starling will call
out the sound of a Hawk and the other birds will scatter leaving the plate
for themselves, now that deserves credit! If a human did that it would be
classed as brilliant.

For a long time we have had Starlings nesting in our eaves of the building,
so if you like, I'm contributing with you to the incline of the species.

Regards and thanks for the info mate.

PS Bryan Robson was not a good choice for Bradford?

Martyn:-)

http://www.naturesound.com <http://www.naturesound.com/>

  _____=20