MD issues (again...)

Subject: MD issues (again...)
From: "Daniel De Granville" <>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 21:25:54 -0400
Hi everyone,

I'm still full of doubts after my first incursions with MD recording. My to=
day's question refers to external speakers for playback. Jeremy Minns has a=
lready given me some advice in PVT, but I'd like to hear more from you folk=
s.

I do have a set of small speakers with internal amplification (they take 2 =
"C" size cells each), but even then the sounds seem to come out too low for=
 my purposes.

I read on an internet forum that the Sony MD recorders usually have a very =
weak output to the headphones (the only outlet where I can plug the speaker=
s in). Something like 2 Watts. Indeed, these speakers sound pretty powerful=
 when connnected to my Citizen discman - much better than the sound from th=
e MD.

My question: is there anything I can do about it, besides buying a new set =
of speakers (as to Jeremy's recommendation)? Maybe some sort of pre-amplifi=
cation placed between the MD's headphone output and the speakers??

Thanks again,

Daniel De Granville
Bonito, MS, Brazil