Re: New Kid on the Block. compact cassette

Subject: Re: New Kid on the Block. compact cassette
From: "Greg Winterflood" <>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 22:39:03 -0000
--- In  Vicki Powys <>
wrote:
> But if you plan to transfer your recordings to CD, then storage of
> recorded cassettes will be less of an issue.  Probably best just
to transfer the entire cassette to CD.  You can extract any
sequences that you want, later.

Now that's an idea...I'll have to give that a go.

My mike, phone and recorder haven't arrived yet; but I downloaded
Goldwave and began playing with it last night using a tape I had
made on the old Marantz C-207LP.

I can see the advantage of burning a CD right at the start and then
using it for the editing process.  I've only learned how to cut
unwanted noise so far but am looking forward to applying some band
pass and band stop filters as the next step.

By the way I found the 1 Sept 2001 sunrise chorus exercise on the
web and felt that I already knew some of the people who had posted
those calls.

Cheers from the RedCentre,

Greg