Re: First attempt at thunderstorm recordings

Subject: Re: First attempt at thunderstorm recordings
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 02:05:45 -0000
> Have you found much difference in the MKH-110-1? Other than the
obvious
> going down to 0.1hz. As I remember it's supposed to be less
sensitive.
> And how did you determine it was that model?

At first I thought I wired the things wrong.  When that was ruled out
I noticed that the tube out of the back of the capsule was different.

Then I compared the freq response and found that the curve was not
the same.  For ambience recordings I actually have to boost the low
freqs on a curve about 3 db. below 500 or so on the low freq
version.  It appears the difference is in the vent.

And so I play.

Rich Peet