RE: Seashore tricks

Subject: RE: Seashore tricks
From: "Kevin J. Colver" <>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 22:43:35 -0600
I have read of others describing their technique of setting out a mic on
a long cable, retreating to a discrete location, and waiting for the
shorebirds to return and congregate around the mic.  I tried this method
this year with good success.  The shorebirds often return to the area
soon, ducks are more wary due to hunting pressure and may take hours to
return to an area you have remote miked.
Kevin Colver