Compression scheme: "Ogg Vorbis"

Subject: Compression scheme: "Ogg Vorbis"
From: Marty Michener <>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 10:57:55 -0400
Hello all:

I have been recording and reading but not posting for a month.  My
recordings were near Monomoy Islands, Cape Cod, Mass of shorebirds, gulls,=

terns, and goldfinches.  I had my (countless) experience following silent
Whimbrels around with a mic and Portadisc fruitlessly for the "Nth" time.

My question:

How does "Ogg Vorbis" compression compare to MP3 compression for: file
size, quality and ease of conversions?  Any experience?

my best regards,

Marty Michener
MIST Software Associates PO Box 269, Hollis, NH 03049

EnjoyBirds.com  - Software that migrates with you.    http://www.EnjoyBirds=
.com