Re: Re: mosquito windscreen color reaction

Subject: Re: Re: mosquito windscreen color reaction
From: Drew Panko <>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 07:12:35 -0400
Nor would you expect the smell to be "too bad", because pure,
solid, sulfur is odorless.

Two common compounds of sulfur have strong odors sulfur dioxide
(formed when sulfur burns) gives a heavy choking odor.  Hydrogen
sulfide, commonly formed by decomposing organic matter, has an
odor described as "rotten eggs"....because rotting eggs do give off
significant amounts of hydrogen sulfide.  Both pose significant health
risks.

I reality, solid, powdered sulfur does give an impression of having an
"odor".  Its a physical effect due to the very small particles present
in other powders as well, and like the "odor" from powdered talc or chalk.

Drew