Re: Re: MP-2 discontinued

Subject: Re: Re: MP-2 discontinued
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 00:44:19 -0400
Klas Strandberg wrote:
> The fur I used was light grey...??=20
>
> Klas.
>
> At 09:58 2003-07-22 -0400, you wrote:
>
>>NatureRecordists,
>>
>>Rich Peet makes an excellent point: lighter colored windscreens draw fewe=
>>flying insects than dark ones.

I've used windscreen fur from near white to dark gray and dark brown.
And some of my other windscreens (like Crown's one for the SASS) are
pure black. No difference here in Georgia as to attracting insects. In
fact none of the  fur I use seems to have any insect attracting properties.

The Telinga windcover made by Rycote that I have is a very dark gray. It
does not attract insects, though I do have some problems with the noise
of insects hitting the dish from behind when it's on. With it off,
insects hit the dish from both sides.

Maybe anyone having trouble with fur attracting insects should consider
laundering the windscreen. Odors are big attractants for a lot of insects.