Spring ends in MN US

Subject: Spring ends in MN US
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 17:20:02 -0000
People were active while I was away, that's a good thing.

I went to the northern MN USA for a few days.
I am now looking for a high freq. recovery program.  The place was
packed with small things making loud noise.  Very few low frequency
calls were heard, day or night.

Everywhere you would turn there would be a new small critter
screaming its song right in your face.  After a few hours of trying
to keep up on id's your brain would go numb.=20

Day example 1.1 mb download:
http://home.attbi.com/~richpeet/day.mp3

Night example337 kb download:
http://home.attbi.com/~richpeet/night.mp3

Recording notes.
"Foam Blockhead" and MD
N47 W91

Switching to the parabolic your ears are torn off when a new caller
entered the arena and came in focus between you and your target.  An
example of this and my first successful Moose recording (kind of).=20
You know you are close to a large mammal in the swamp when the bug
count skyrockets and all of a sudden you are being eaten alive.

Careful with volume on the first part of this example. 255 kb download
http://home.attbi.com/~richpeet/moose.mp3

This ends my chase of spring through the northern Midwest US which
for me appeared to run from 4/15/03 =96 6/11/03.  I now declare spring
over in MN.  Let summer begin.

Rich Peet
N45 W93