RE: Windows XP and HHb Portadisc MDP500

Subject: RE: Windows XP and HHb Portadisc MDP500
From: "Laloux, Dominique" <>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 10:17:54 +0200
John,

I am using the Portadisc with Windows XP, and I never had the slightest
problem with USB recognition... I regularly connect my Portadisc units to
various computers runing XP (laptop, desktops, etc.) and Windows XP never
failed to give me the little "beep" in the next 2 or 3 seconds after the
device had been connected...

I suppose you have already tried different cables ?

What software are you using to do the transfer ? In CoolEdit 2000, for
example, even though the Portadisc is identified by Windows as a sound
device, it will not automatically be selected as the input/output device.
The sound card is the "default" selected device. However, this is just an
selection to make from a menu.

Dominique Laloux