Re: Re: Sony PSP: a blip on the radar screen

Subject: Re: Re: Sony PSP: a blip on the radar screen
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 17:20:27 +0100
yes, there may also be some new battery options for this unit.

Best Wishes

Matt

Matt Jarvis
Product Marketing Manager
Marantz Professional Europe

"qukza" <>
2003-05-15 16:47
Please respond to naturerecordists

        cc:     (bcc: Matt Jarvis/LGD/CE/PHILIPS)
        Subject:        [Nature Recordists] Re: Sony PSP:  a blip on the ra=
dar screen
        Classification:

Thanks. Does that mean it uses the same battery packs and holders as
the PMD680/690?

--- In   wrote:
> As soon as I have the confirmed final tech spec it will be on the
Marantz
> Pro Europe website. As far as current power options go, there will
be an
> included PSU and AA battery holder, and we also make NiCD and NiMH
battery
> packs which will fit this product. In Europe there are also some
third
> party external battery products ( which fit into the front pocket
of the
> optional carrying case ) which again will fit this unit. These
extend the
> battery life over seven hours recording time. Weight will be
somewhere in
> the region of 1.5 kg including a battery pack.
>

> Matt
>
> Matt Jarvis
> Product Marketing Manager
> Marantz Professional Europe
>

> "qukza" <>
> 2003-05-15 15:16
> Please respond to naturerecordists

>         cc:     (bcc: Matt Jarvis/LGD/CE/PHILIPS)
>         Subject:        [Nature Recordists] Re: Sony PSP:  a blip
on the radar screen
>         Classification:
>

> Matt,
>
> Will Marantz be posting more information about the PMD670 on their
> web site soon? It would be nice to know weight, power options,
> battery life, as well as lots of other details beyond what's
already
> available at the moment. It would be great to see a PDF of the
> manual.
>
> BTW: In the US several online retailers have started advertising
the
> PMD670 as a preorder for July. I've seen it advertised as cheap as
> $650 (includes shipping and a 64MB CF card).
>
> Alan.
>

> --- In   wrote:
> > >A solid-state memory unit has a shock rating 10 times
> > >greater (2000G), so it's the best option of the three
> > >for a recorder in a high-shock environment.
> >
> > .. unless the recorder is a 96k 24 bit uncompressed LPCM
recorder -
> the
> > memory cards would cost nearly as much as the recorder!
> >
> > What is worth considering here, that even with a 4GB compact
flash
> costing
> > =A31500 ( which will drop very fast over the next six months to a
> year ) -
> > this is a one off purchase, and not the archival media. How many
> DAT tapes
> > does a professional recordist use during the lifetime of a DAT
> machine ?
> > Even with MD what is the total cost of media over the lifetime of
> the
> > product ? The Marantz PMD670 ( which is coming in at
significantly