Re: Food for Thought & Equipment for Newbies and oldies...

Subject: Re: Food for Thought & Equipment for Newbies and oldies...
From: "evertveldhuis" <>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 20:53:54 -0000
I was told by a Sennheiser rep that you could drop them into water (a
lake for instance) just let them dry and they will perform as if
nothing bad has happened to them.

Besides this great reliability, they sound pretty good.
Downside is the price one pays for it.

Although I fully agree it is very important to actually do your
outdoor recordings to learn what your equipment does, but I still
feel it would be nice to have some member section where each active
recordist present his/her equipment and tells a litte about the gear
and the results achieved with the gear ; sample recordings or
descriptions saying a little about why you prefer a certain mic, or a
certain recorder, and for which situations you use that certain setup
(recorder, pre and mic and phones).

For example, I have some OKM in-ear mics of professional quality, but
these are totally NOT to be used for nature recording.
I think it will save people a lot of wasted time and money if this
kind of info is publicly available.

Regards, Evert

--- In  Wild Sanctuary <>