RE: For all the newbies: Equipment is important, but...

Subject: RE: For all the newbies: Equipment is important, but...
From: Fernando Gonz=E1lez-Garc=EDa <>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 15:11:20 -0500
Hi, recordist. I agree with Doug. I would like to share with you some
experiences with my bioacustic course in the mesoamerican countries, from
Mexico to Panama. IN my training course, I have tried to show all existing
equipment for bird sound recording, including mics Sennheisser, Shure,
recorders (dat, md, cd, pc card, analog, etc. etc.). Of course Parabolas,
Roche, and Telinga. But most of participants, which are from neotropical
countries, of course, always be worry about the price of the equipment. I
remember the questions of a girl from Panama who ask me?. How could i do a
parabola, something similar to Telinga, but with material what a could get
in Panama?. HOw could we do a Parabola for people from third world but it
works and can do good recording?.
REcordist with your amazing experience, mabye will be useful to think in ho=
to built a parabola to low cost. I remember Walter model?, which could be
interesting for our mesoamerican biologist. Maybe our experiences could be =
contribution to conservation and preservations of the neotropical birds.
Saludos from Mexico