Re: Re: Recording owls with a dish.

Subject: Re: Re: Recording owls with a dish.
From: "pratap singh" <>
Date: 4 Apr 2003 01:13:28 -0000
Thanks Walter, Rich, Barb Beck and Gernot. My telinga has low and
high pass and the dish is 22 inch. I have recorded many owls with
this. Some of the higher frequency recordings are excellent. My
results for very low frequency are not good. I have not even
compared performance of telinga with other mikes at low
frequencies. I had the impression that shotgun mikes can get
better recordings of very low frequency sounds. I will only be
interested to buy a shotgun if their is significant improvement in
the results at the desired frequencies.

Pratap Singh