Re: Sound editing & sonogram software on PC

Subject: Re: Sound editing & sonogram software on PC
From: Lang Elliott <>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 22:12:24 -0500
Steve:

But is it a Log 2 scale, rather than a Log 10 scale? In Log 2, there is a
doubling of frequencies on the vertical scale: 500, 1000, 2000, 4000, 8000,
16000 kHz. In a Log 10, it goes 10, 100, 1000, 10,0000 Hz.

A Log 10 scale will not produce the right result. It must be a Log 2 scale.

Also, I use Macs so I guess I can't use Gram.

Lang

Lang ---

The program "Gram", available on the web, gives the option of using a log
scale for
frequencies on sonograms.

Also, I'll include this feature in the next release of Dora.

It's a good idea. Thanks!

Steve P

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor   ADVERTISEMENT

<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .