Re: Re: mosquitoes

Subject: Re: Re: mosquitoes
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 11:44:52 -0500
Eric V. Schmidt wrote:
> Hi all;
>
> I have a set of insect netting pants and jacket from a company in FL call=
ed
> Buzz Off.  I think that was the name.  It is 2 layers of material logethe=
r.

> It seems to work.  Still get hit every now and then but not nearly as muc=
h.
> I hate using DEET too.  Makes my skin crawl.
>
> It does trap some heat - its like it keeps the breeze out too.  But coole=
> than long pants and shirts.

The two pair of pants I use came from different sources. One is made out
of fairly heavy camo material for cooler weather. It's also real tough
if beating through the brush.

The second is a very light pair out of REI. Not sure which one of their
models it is, but it's one of the ones with zip off legs that's also
made of a light material. It's also pretty baggy. I don't get bitten
through them, and they are not too hot for my night recording in
Georgia. The looseness allows plenty of air circulation.

The biting flies here will bite through netting. Though maybe with two
layers it might discourage them.