Re: Re: mosquitoes

Subject: Re: Re: mosquitoes
From: Wild Sanctuary <>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 08:46:16 -0800
One trick we've learned to use is rubber surgical gloves. They're
sometimes a bit sweaty, but no mosquitoes get through and you don't
have to endure deet on your hands. If you're not using a protective
jacket and/or pants, you will need to use deet on those parts of your
body not in contact with equipment because it is the only product
that works in the field for extended periods. Also, recent studies
published in the last several months  (don't ask who sponsored them,
'cause I don't remember) suggest that deet doesn't destroy your liver
and brain, after all.

Good luck!
Bernie

Wild Sanctuary, Inc.
P. O. Box 536
Glen Ellen, CA 95442
707-996-6677 tel
707-996-0280 fax
http://www.wildsanctuary.com

>Hi all;
>
>I have a set of insect netting pants and jacket from a company in FL calle=
>Buzz Off.  I think that was the name.  It is 2 layers of material logether=
.

>It seems to work.  Still get hit every now and then but not nearly as much=
.
>I hate using DEET too.  Makes my skin crawl.
>
>It does trap some heat - its like it keeps the breeze out too.  But cooler
>than long pants and shirts.
>

>Eric
>
>---
>[This E-mail scanned for viruses by LRBCG.COM, Inc.]

>From   Tue Mar  8 18:22:55 2005
Message: 3
In that ticks and mosquitos are the second and third most dangerous
things in the woods where I travel I use DEET. Liquid 100% and make
all efforts to keep it away from plastic.

Rich Peet
ps the most dangerous thing in the woods here are naked teenagers.

--- In  "Eric V. Schmidt" <> wrote:
> Hi all;
>
> I have a set of insect netting pants and jacket from a company in
FL called