Re: Digital over mod? /grasshopper distortion

Subject: Re: Digital over mod? /grasshopper distortion
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 10:58:32 -0400
Rob Danielson wrote:

> All plausible explanations. Now that I think about it, could be even
> tweeter irregularities-- responding to such concentrated, hi energy
> levels and/or dithering or other side effect from eq/gain boosting.
> Many factors seem able to point to chances for peculiarities. Thanks.
> Will help my listening.

When you can hear it with your own ears out in the wild, it's not
tweeter irregularities. Unless the frogs or insects are just playing a
recording for us.

I really don't understand why people have to immediately assume
recording or playback error for everything. Train yourself to listen
better to the original source without any aids. Always ask the question
if it's really there. Only when certain it's not do you go question your
equipment.

Maybe it's just that I'm a biologist first, trained to observe the animals.