Re: web audio library

Subject: Re: web audio library
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 22:28:13 -0000
--- In  "Brian Boldt" <> wrote:
> Rich,
>
> I agree, and am biased towards that type of recording myself. But
as we all
> know the opportunities to get an extended, noise-free recording of
a species
> at good volume aren't always easy to come by, which is in part why
John has
> an uploaded and available collection in the hundreds and I don't!=20

I agree it ain't easy and probably can not be done by one.

The main
> reason I posted this is I thought it was nice to have another
reasonably
> comprehensive source on the web for the Eastern US, as I know a lot
of us on
> the list get those "where can I find a recording of..." questions.
>
> I believe he was able to gather these in little over a year, which
is an
> impressive feet to me given the local nature of some of the species
> represented. I also know he doesn't have any illusions about the
quality of
> some of the tracks;

I can not claim to have a one year collection like that either.

as landlord of the House of Unfinished Projects, I
> definitely have respect for the accomplishment. Now, back to
editting
> tracks... or was I going to start building another dish? ;-)

Your finished projects are impressive enough.  The photo's I viewed
from MOU are impressive and I look forward to a specific collection
published by you.

Your dish is also impressive and I still feel that carbon fiber/
graphite has real sound possibilities over what Polycarbonate can
achieve.

I post was more pointed at the method than the results.  I know that
Lang does the same on occation as well on his CD's.  Maybe I should
toss the idea into my own personal baggage with that of not using
playback ever.