RE: 15 minutes of silence!

Subject: RE: 15 minutes of silence!
From: Klas Strandberg <>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 15:24:31 +0200
This is my theory:

Every man needs to "reset" his mental apparatus at least a couple of times a
week, in total silence. Perhaps only for a few minutes. It is like
"up-dating" what the body sounds like, feel like, when in total outer
silence. Being conscious of what "I sound like and how my feelings and
thoughts go, when silent" - preserves a special quality of the human
mentality.
If he lives in noise all the time, perhaps hardly noticeable noise, like
from a distant fan - he will never "reset" in such a way. Years with no
"reseting" will have effect on his life and possibilities.

It's not scientifically prooven, of course, but connects to most of
everything else, reasonable, about us humans. Every kind of routine which is
continuously forced upon us, for a long time - will break us down, more or
less, sooner or later.
On the other hand, mankind can stand extreme stress, if there is hope that
it ends in a "reset".

Klas.