Batteries: autopsy and restoration

Subject: Batteries: autopsy and restoration
From: Jeremy Minns <>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 11:11:44 -0300
Vicki,

Best of luck to you and your patient!

I have a Sony TCD-D10PROII recorder too and have constant problems with
charging batteries. The details of my equipment are:

Sony AC Pack / Battery Charger ACP-88 (this supplies mains power to the
recorder as well)
Sony Battery Charge Adaptor Model BC-D10
Sony NP-22H Battery Pack.

The charger is a simple plastic box, about the size of the battery pack,
with two openings on the upper surface into which the mains adaptor and the
battery pack fit. My problem is that I can't maintain a good contact
between the various components and when the charging light goes out I don't
know whether the battery is fully charged or whether contact has been lost.
I've cleaned the contacts, sprayed them with cleaning fluid and bent them
to exert more pressure, but with no lasting improvement. A local electronic
repairer has tried too but without success. Stith Recording tell me a new
charger will cost me $168 which seems ridiculous for such a simple piece of
equipment.

Have you or any other TCD-D10PROII owner had similar problems and found a
solution?

Jeremy