intro and HHB help

Subject: intro and HHB help
From: suzanne gibson <>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 00:48:44 -0700 (PDT)
Hi there

I thought I had already joined this group but it seems
not as my e-mail has come back .... thanks for the
welcome Mr moderator and the guidelines which help ..

Intro to me is that I'm a freelance radio producer -
not a nature recordist - but alot of my work is
outdoor and on location - which is in far North
Queensland in Australia ... anyway - I regularly read
your groups as you have the best technical/tecnhique
discussions and seem to be the only people who use the
pro HHB Portadisc that I do ... I can only guess that
Sony run the minidisc sites ... but anyway there's my
story and here's my request ...

Its about battery life on the HHB.  In my case its
really crap ...I'm using the rechargable Fujitsu
battery's that came with the kit and I reckon I'm
getting 50" max - less from pro cells standards.  Any
ideas on best batteries - I do alot of remote field
work and I'm finding I have to use my little Sony MD
as I can't rely on the HHB to get me through a decent
session.

Could my headphones be dragging the power?  They're a
Senheiser HD 220 from memory ... ??

Anyway any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

sgrwp