RE: Bird Sound Recordings UPDATE

Subject: RE: Bird Sound Recordings UPDATE
From: "Kevin J. Colver" <>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 21:15:24 -0700
This web site will be interesting reading for all you avian recordists.
It notes which species have not been recorded to date.  It is surprising
how many hummingbird species are in this category.

According to Kroodsma, the only groups of birds that LEARN their songs
(as contrasted with hard-wired song) are the songbirds, parrots, and
hummingbirds.  That makes the lack of hummingbird recordings more
significant.  All you tropical American recordists now have a fun
challenge - document those hummer songs!

Kevin J. Colver
114 North Clark Lane
Elk Ridge, UT  84651
801-423-1810