Re: another "Dawn Chorus"?/ something diferent maybe?

Subject: Re: another "Dawn Chorus"?/ something diferent maybe?
From: Vicki Powys <>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 13:19:38 +1000
on 2/4/02 4:55 AM, Jim Morgan at  wrote:

> Syd,
>
> Maybe instead of another dawn chorus we could put together one or two cd's
> made up of our favorite recordings?
>
> Any one interested?
>
> Jim

Jim and All,

I tend to go along with this idea of "favourites".  The first project was to
do with unity of time, documenting one 24 hour sweep of the sun across our
planet, with 10 second dawn and dusk recordings from around the world,
whatever the local season.  In some places it rained and blew, in others
birds chirped sweetly for a perfect spring sunrise. Those contrasts were
fun, and instructive.

For longer recordings members might prefer to offer their best, or
favourite, or whackiest, recordings, to share with other Nature Recordist
members.  Let's say around 1-5 minutes duration?  To save on postage, our
worthy volunteer Greg Clark could send just one copy of the compilation to
an overseas member, for them to clone and distribute to the Nature Recordist
members within their own country (I'll volunteer to do that for Australia).

We can post a CD with our sounds to Greg, or send it compressed, or
uncompressed within limits, by email to Greg.  Greg would compile and
distribute at cost (thanks Greg!)  I'd prefer no spoken commentary, but to
have accompanying documentation with the CD.  We would need to set a
submission date, one to suit the US members e.g. the last day of July or
August??  (What day does it thaw out at the North Pole Barb?)

This way the plan is very flexible with virtually no rules apart from
length, so's we can all share natural sounds from around the world.

Vicki Powys
Australia

>From   Tue Mar  8 18:22:12 2005
Message: 11