Re: Re: again about compression

Subject: Re: Re: again about compression
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 21:16:15 -0500
Dan Dugan wrote:

> My Pro Tools can be set to synch to the incoming digital signal.

Yes, that should do it. Nothing I have has a sync setting available, so
I've just got to hope it's the same, and it was not. The slight change
in recording length involved would not be a problem in more ordinary usage.

BTW, the 1 cycle in 2.7 seconds is very close to the amount of time my
G4 looses. Which should indicate that my Portadisc may have a pretty
accurate clock.

> What I hear in the difference file is not what you describe. It's
> low-level, swishy and staticy sound.

Now I got that sort of thing with the clock sync problem. In that case,
however it's volume was modulated by the one cycle every 2.7 seconds.
So, it was real hard to tell what a true synced difference might be
like. Certainly nothing I trusted.

Is there any trace of the original wanted sound in your difference file?

Sounds like using a analog transfer to get the sound back to the mac
caused most of the signal transfer in the stuff I did.