SONY TCD DAT: Transferring digital files directly into a PC

Subject: SONY TCD DAT: Transferring digital files directly into a PC
From: Mark Oberle <>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 22:01:13 -0700
Lang,
The 3-way MAudio CO3 adapter box I ordered on line for $179.95 from
Minidisco (www.minidisco.com). The only problem I have is that I forget to
turn it on sometimes. But I am glad that it has an on-off switch so that it
is not running when I am doing other things. I was especially glad that it
was off when my UPS & surge protector sparked this week when a sudden
isolated lightning strike sent a surge down my line.

 The other minor problem with the MAudio CO3 adapter box is that the
default input switch is set to TOSlink so I have to remember to toggle the
input switch to  AES/EBU.  There may be a cheaper solution but this works.

Thanks for your help on this problem
MarkO