RE: Re: Vocalization intensity and speciesdensity

Subject: RE: Re: Vocalization intensity and speciesdensity
From: geojeff <>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 22:00:14 -0500
Hi Rich,

I saved and uploaded a 10 minute part of the file -- there is another
screenshot of the waveform for this 10 minute section, and there is a link
at the very bottom of the web page
(http://www.geojeff.org/tmp_rockefeller.html) to the mp3 file.  I also made
a 1 minute version.  Listening to it again, the birds are doing a little
complaining about the frogs -- the "strange" call near the beginning is a
snowy egret I think.

Can you tell from the audio or from the waveform if it is clipped? (I
suppose that "clipped" just means that the recording level is set too high
and it "maxes" out, and thus doesn't record the full range of amplitude.)
Doesn't look like it to me, since the max peaks don't seem to line up.

Thanks,

Jeff