Re: Quietest Laptop

Subject: Re: Quietest Laptop
From: "richpeet" <>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 15:51:38 -0000
My old toshiba Pentium 266 has never had the fan kick in for the past
three years.  So other than the hard drive it is dead silent. The 266
mhz is fast enough to record at 44.1, 16 bit and has a used value so
low I wont cry if it gets damaged in the field.  I will check for my
own setup if mine can be upgraded with the ibm drive you mention.