RE: Re: homemade hydrophone

Subject: RE: Re: homemade hydrophone
From: "Gordon Hempton" <>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 09:29:06 -0800
Lang, don't you think soaking an mkh-20 is a little risky? Does an mkh dry
out pretty well after it is wet? I tried adapting a pair of contact mics
which was recommended for dolphin recording by the manufacturer after they
said the biggest problem was making sure the dolphins didn't eat it. We'll
to make a long (but entertaining) story short I think I got roughly 2
seconds of sound before the rest of the day was spent salvaging what I
could. In the end  I bought another pair of contact mics ...