Re: Sony PC with audio Minidisc and DVD-RW

Subject: Re: Sony PC with audio Minidisc and DVD-RW
From: "richpeet" <>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 00:08:44 -0000
I store and transport my mics in floating, weather proof, sound
proof, humidity proof and impact proof, plumbing pipe. For under
$5.00 per mic you can build them at any hardware store. I highly
recommend them.

Ideal size does need work, I don't really have a clue on the ideal
yet.

Rich Peet

and ps. Marty, I beat myself up weekly about being underdocumented on
prior years stuff. I got the LNS software in the middle of last year
and it is good. Maybe I will get caught up on last year sometime but
my push now is to document all current recordings in text and let my
last years backlog go for now and rely on the spoken documentation at
track ends when I am backtracking in the future.  I have learned the
hard way and will not let last years poor documentation happen again.

--- In  Vicki Powys <> wrote:
> All,
>
> What I love about this group is the "real time" method of comparing
and
> discussing recording methods.  Your photos, sounds and sonograms are
> wonderful Rich.  What are the two pieces of pipe for?  Perhaps you
could
> have a smaller block than 1 foot square, say 8 inches square, for
the same
> effect?  Easier to carry around maybe?  (Walt, I could not access
your frog
> sonogram - address showed an error.)
>
> Vicki Powys
> Australia
>

> on 20/2/02 10:03 AM, richpeet at  wrote:
>
> > OK, here is a couple examples to look at and listen to.
> > This is not a hhb. This is a true consumer level Sony MZ R90
Minidisk
> > with a $340.00 Sennheiser ME 62 placed inside of a priceless 32"
> > polyC dish. No edits at all, no filters at all.
> >
> > First is a Warbler and you can see the harmonics do go above 20
khz.
> > This was recorded at about 30'. You can also see from the noise
line
> > the compression did cut out very low volume background noise that
> > you, as a person, had no chance of hearing but maybe your dog
could.

> > Second is a Golden-crowned Kinglet recorded about 175' distant.
About
> > the highest pitched bird in a pure tone that I have recorded. You
can
> > see it was recorded at low volume and it is all there.
> >

> > 53kb
> > http://home.attbi.com/~richpeet/csw.JPG
> > 227kb
> > http://home.attbi.com/~richpeet/csw.wav
> > 51kb
> > http://home.attbi.com/~richpeet/gck.JPG
> > 804kb
> > http://home.attbi.com/~richpeet/gck.wav
> >
> > Compare this to the commercial copywrite recordings you may have
that
> > I can not post on a public site.
> >
> > You make your own choices. For me, I am buying a second minidisk,
> > consumer recorder to be able to record two sites with two
different
> > types of setups at the same time for this spring.
> >

> > --- In  "claudio chea" <> wrote:
> >> ok let me rephrase how much sound in terms of herz can u get of a
> > minidisc?
> >> and of a dat?
> >>
> >> how much does this portadisc costs? do you have a link? would
love
> > to take a
> >> look??
> >>
> >> as for good microphones for nature recording, recommendations
> > please?
> >>
> >> greets!
> >>

> >> Claudio Chea
> >> _______________________________
> >>

> >> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> >>
> >> www.claudiochea.org
> >> www.clikpop.com
> >> www.mp3.com/yituey
> >> www.mp3.com/clik_POP
> >> www.mp3.com/cornucopia
> >> www.nullvoid.net/eco
> >> www.tiln.net
> >>
> >> OUT NOW:
> >> BIP-HOP RECORDS (www.bip-hop.com)
> >> "Social Electrics/Bovine life"
> >> Bovine Life vs. Yituey
> >>
> >> Borderhack 2.0 >attachment<
> >>
> >> ONLINE EXHIBITION
> >>
> >> http://www.de-lete.tv/borderhack/attachment
> >> <http://www.de-lete.tv/borderhack/attachment>
> >>
> >> OUT SOON:
> >> Cornucopia "VibroAcustica" CD-R on Generator
> >> Sound Art (www.generatorsoundart.org)
> >>
> >> Yituey "Sentimientos de Plomo" on Eco
> >> Yituey "Meridiano" CD-R on Eco

> >> "make random acts of stupidity in order